Here is our review and scoring of Domes Miramare on the island of Corfu based on our stay in an Emerald Retreat Sea View room this summer.
Domes Miramare Corfu (a Luxury Collection Hotel) is a seafront adults only resort part of the Marriott portfolio. It is an elegant seafront oasis with 113 bedrooms, suites and villas, for those who seek a luxurious getaway from the ordinary. Renovated with refined natural materials and decorated with contemporary art pieces, Domes Miramare Corfu is a legendary amalgamation of opulent style and design, set in an authentic Mediterranean landscape!
1. Location 18/20: Domes Miramare Corfu is located on the South-East coast of Corfu near the village of Moraitika. The resort is approximately a 30 minute drive south of Corfu town and a 10-15 minute walk to Moraitika town where there are shops, restaurants, and bars. You could get by here without renting a car, but we feel the ability to explore more of the island was worth the cost.
The resort is located on a 400 meter beach. The beach is a little rocky at the shore, but after the initial few meters it becomes a soft sand bottom and is very pleasant for swimming.
2. Bed and sleep quality 17/20: The bed was comfortable but you did hear some of the noise from the road based on where our room was located. If you have loud neighbors, you will likely hear them when they’re on their balcony or have their patio door open. Our room was located on the 2nd floor and faced the pool and bar area but it wasn’t as loud as we expected; the DJ sets were actually quite tame thankfully.
3. Room and room amenities 17/20: Our room was located on the 2nd floor and faced the pool and bar area, with the sea just beyond. The balcony was a decent size with comfortable chairs and a table but privacy was lacking due to the partitions. The room also had an indoor table and chairs and a lounging chair. As an arrival gift, they provided us with a bottle of Greek red wine and some kumquat Greek delights. The room has a Nespresso machine (with a very generous amount of coffee pods!), a mini-fridge, and bottled water was replenished daily.
4. Bathroom 7/10: The bathroom was clean and functional but a little small and dated. The shower had decent water pressure and the bath products were nice.
5. Hotel public areas and amenities 9/10: Upon entering the hotel, you are captivated by the lobby with a large olive tree and natural plants in the middle; it’s one of the more unique lobbies we’ve seen in a long time. The hotel grounds are very well maintained and definitely feel upscale and elevated while also preserving the heritage with very old olive trees. The hotel has a lovely pool, and a long stretch of beach with many lounge chairs and umbrellas – we never had an issue finding seats along the water. There is also a small outdoor gym with cardio and weights, an area with TRX trainers, and free yoga classes. The restaurant is set along the waterfront and we really enjoyed the food (both breakfast and lunch). The hotel and grounds are quite upscale and luxurious but without pretentiousness, making it a great place to relax.
6. Service and staff 9/10: We found the service and staff to be excellent. We tried to apply Suite Night Award certificates for a room upgrade but as the hotel was sold-out for our dates it was not accepted. However, we were very surprised to receive an apology for this, along with a complimentary lunch at the restaurant, which we felt was really going above-and-beyond. At check-in, they offered us a delicious and refreshing iced tea before taking us for a tour of the property and guiding us to our room. The staff at the restaurant were also very professional, attentive and friendly. The only issue we experienced was with the WIFI being down for over a day due to a service outage as a result of thunderstorms.
1. Overall Value 10/10: We used a combination of free night certificates and points to stay here, which (at the current redemption rates) provided huge savings over the high season cash rates. Having breakfast (which was very good!) included as a Titanium member. Overall this among the better value-for-points redemptions we’ve been able to make.
Would weleavetoday to go back? YES
2 thoughts on “Review: Domes Miramare Corfu”